We want to thank all of our teachers for their patience and adaptability during this challenging time. We are doing everything we can to make the temporary transition to virtual lessons as smooth as possible.
Please make sure you have these requirements in place for virtual lessons:
- Internet access
- A laptop or desktop computer with a camera and microphone (NO TABLETS OR SMART PHONES)
- Google Chrome browser
- Your TeacherZone username and password. If you do not have one or either, call us at (908) 464-5928 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before you can initiate a video call, you must send your student a chat message through TeacherZone. Click the chat bubbles on the left, find your student’s name under Contacts, and send them a greeting letting them know that you are connecting so that you can access the video call option. You only need to do this once.
It is also helpful to run a connection test before you initiate any lessons so we can work out any issues. Call Carolyn and we will help you with this.
When it is time to initiate a virtual lesson, follow these steps:
- Log in to TeacherZone.
- Click the chat bubbles, find the student, and click on their name.
- When you are both online, you will see a camera icon between the avatars.
- Click the camera to call the student. When they accept, your cameras will connect.
- Chrome may ask for access to your camera and microphone. Make sure you accept.