Elefante Music offers year-round private instruction on piano, voice, guitar, bass, woodwinds, brass, orchestral strings, and drums.
Our lesson program is always busy, and for very good reasons!
- Our carefully-selected teachers are professional musicians with various degrees in music education and performance.
- Lessons are taught one-on-one in comfortable, well-lit studios.
- Parents have the option to sit in on the lesson with their child; we also provide a waiting area.
- Many of our teachers plan student recitals once or twice during the school year. This provides an opportunity to bring the family and show off what the students have learned!
- The music doesn’t stop when the school year does: we also offer flexible summer scheduling.
- Bonus: As a Steinway Educational Partner, all piano instruction is on Steinway and Steinway-designed pianos.
Interested in taking lessons for the first time at Elefante Music? Submit a lesson inquiry We will contact you with more details based on the information you provide.
School Year 2019-2020 Private Lesson Calendar
Monday, September 9, 2019 through Saturday, June 20, 2020
No Lessons on the following dates:
Monday, September 30 (Rosh Hashanah)
Wednesday, October 9 (Yom Kippur)
Monday, October 14 (Columbus Day)
Thursday, October 31 (Halloween)
Wednesday through Saturday, November 27- 30 (Thanksgiving)
December 20 through January 1 (Winter Holiday)
Monday, January 20 (Martin Luther King Day)
Monday, February 17 (Presidents Day)
Friday and Saturday, April 10 & 11 (Easter Weekend)
Saturday and Monday, May 23 & 25 (Memorial Day Weekend)
2019 – 2020 School Year Lesson Policies
Once you are signed up for a lesson time, that remains your time until you inform us that you wish to change or discontinue. We must be notified that you wish to discontinue at least 24 hours before your next lesson, or you will be charged for that lesson.
Elefante Music utilizes Teacher Zone for scheduling and payments. Through this application, students will receive lesson reminders 48 hours in advance of their next lesson. A free app is available for students through the iOS or Andriod app stores.
If you miss a lesson you must still pay for it. All lesson cancellations must be done before the lesson through your TeacherZone account, at the store counter, or by phone. The teacher is not responsible for lesson scheduling or for communicating your schedule changes to the front desk.
If you do not appear for a scheduled lesson and Elefante Music was not notified, you will be marked “no-show.” No-show lessons are billable and are not eligible for a make-up or refund.
Make-up lessons are not guaranteed. To qualify for a make-up lesson:
· You must give 24 hours’ notice of your absence
· You must be a current student
· Your account must not have a balance
· The make-up must be scheduled within the school year (not the summer or the next school year)
We will do our best to find a make-up for qualified absences. However, make-up lessons are dependent on the schedule of the teacher and are not guaranteed.
If a teacher is absent and no substitute is available, Elefante Music will credit your account. In the event of store closing due to inclement weather or other event, Elefante Music will credit your account.
School Year Lesson Payments and Fees
Lessons are $40/half hour and are scheduled in 30 minute increments (thus, 60-minutes lessons are $80). You must provide a credit card when signing up for lessons. Your credit card will be charged for the month at the first lesson, and on the 1st of the month thereafter.
If you wish to pay by cash or check, payment must be made before the 1st lesson, and before the 1st of each month thereafter.
A one-time $25 registration fee applies to new students and will be charged upon review of your records at Elefante Music. Families who have previously paid this registration fee for another class or private lessons, including for a different student, are exempt. If applicable to your account, payment will be processed separately.