Each morning, students entering second grade and up participate in age-based, conservatory-style class rotations where they receive structured instruction in dance, vocal performance, and acting. Students entering K through 1st grade (the “Littles”, see camper group breakdown) participate in a morning schedule tailored specifically to their ages and attention spans.
|9:00–9:15||Attendance, Announcements, Theater Games, and Warmups|
|9:15–10:00||Conservatory Class, First Rotation (Acting, Dance, or Voice)|
|10:00–10:45||Conservatory Class, Second Rotation (Acting, Dance, or Voice)|
|10:45–11:30||Conservatory Class, Third Rotation (Acting, Dance, or Voice)|
|11:30–12:00||Lunch (campers bring nut-free bagged lunches)|
|12:00–1:00||Wildcard Rotation (see description in text)|
|1:00–3:00||Small-Group and Full Company Rehearsals for Camp Performance|
Campers bring nut-free, bagged lunches.
After lunch, there’s a “wildcard” session in which we do something different each day. Past wildcards have included:
- Master classes with Broadway, film, and TV performers
- Visits from film, TV and Broadway casting directors
- Audition workshops and clinics with Broadway agents and managers (some of our students were even “discovered” and signed by management as a direct result of these clinics)
- Workshops on set design, technical direction, costuming, and more
- Additional full company dance and song performance rehearsals
- Intensives in specialized dance styles such as hip-hop and tap
- Acting for film, television, and commercials
Afternoon Session (Performance Workshop)
The last two hours of camp is our Performance Workshop, where campers break into performance groups to rehearse for the Friday evening performance.